SEL DEFENSE COMPETITION RULES
Self Defense Competition Rules:
- Team Competition - 3 Athletes
Presentation of 6 Self Defense Techniques:
1- Defense against attack of arms or legs
2- Defense against grab or strangles front or back
3- Defense against attack of 2 opponents
4- Technique in Ground disadvantage
5- Defense against weapon (knife, stick, pistol or other weapon)
6- Free technique
- The techniques are executed only at real speed.
- They are performed separately in the order described above.
- Salute athletes at the end of each technique.
The team has 4 minutes as a time limit to perform the 6 techniques. At the end of the 4 minutes the referee´s give the Stop voice to stop the perform.
Categories of participation in the event:
- Rank Categories:
A - Color Belts
B- Black Belts
C- Masters - more than 4 th dan
- For Ages:
1 - <9 years old
2- 10 - 12 years old
3- 13 - 14 years old
4- 15 - 17 years old
5-> 18 years old
6-> 45 years old
This division by grade or age categories is always defined taking into account the most graduate element or the oldest athlete of the team.
- Competition and Score:
The teams compete 2 to 2 by elimination; One team represents the red corner and the other team represents the blue corner. The red corner team is always the first to present the techniques.
The teams are going through the qualifiers in their category until there are only two teams that will play in the final.
In the case of an odd number of teams, one of the teams by lottery passes to the next stage without competing.
Scoring by 3 referees:
- At the end of the 2 teams present the 6 techniques, the 3 referees stand up and give their vote by raising their arm towards the red or blue Team.
The team that has the most votes will be the winning team.
If the referees decide it's a tie, they fold their arms in front of the face.
- Execution of 2 more Free techniques. At the end of the 2 techniques executed by the 2 teams, the referees vote again.
The Grand Champion is held between all 1st places of all grade and age categories.
The competition takes place by elimination as in the category tests.